Sunday, February 19, 2012

NC SOUL 2012: Orientation

As my job for the summer I will be working with a program through the North Carolina Yearly Meeting called SOUL.  SOUL stands for Serving Others Unleashing Love.  It's kind of a day camp/missions things, where we will be running sports camps in the morning, and then taking kids to do service projects in local community.

Friday afternoon and all of Saturday we had staff orientation.  That was a great experience.  Our theme this year is "(abandon)" and I am so excited! We're going to be talking about abandoning the things of this world, and abandoning our worldly selves to follow God.  It's kind of an intense topic, but I think it will be a great thing to be so real with the kids, and show them that Christianity is not an 'oh I think I want to do this while it's easy' kind of thing.

Last year we only had one location, but this year we are having two.  There is one staff for each location. One location is Mobile, AL which is where the program originated.  The other staff will be conducting camps in two locations in North Carolina, and I'll be on that team!

Getting to know all of the other staff members that I'll be working with was great.  We played some silly games, and did some get-to-know-you sort of activities.  We also assigned roles for the summer, I am on a team of three who will be in charge of planning Sports Camp, and for getting the flyers made, and for talking to different companies and making sure that we will have the necessary equipment for all of the sports.

It is going to be a lot of work, but it will also be a life changing experience.


God Bless,

Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment